Sunday, June 27, 2010

Anniversary Cruise

Since the day that Ben and I got married I have told him that other than a nice dinner with just the two of us there is no need for an anniversary gift, until we hit 10 years...then he better go big! I'm not sure why I feel the decade years need a more special touch, but I do and I'm sticking with it :) This year will be 10 years of marriage. Our anniversary isn't until Sept. 2nd, but our first child was actually born on that exact date 3 years into our marriage. Which by the way was the BEST anniversary gift ever! It never fails that our anniversary celebration gets put on hold and in it's place is a birthday party. To fix that Ben and I decided that we would always celebrate our anniversary in June, since our first date was June 13th.

We decided to go with a cruise. Not really knowing what to expect we decided it couldn't be too bad.
Carnival Elation - out of Mobile, AL.



Ocean view room was the way to go, helped not too feel so claustrophobic. I'm not that bad, but to me elevators are the worst. You will find me always taking the stairs if possible. Which helped with not gaining any weight on the cruise - there were 12 floors.





One of my favorites - a different towel animal on the bed each night.



This was the serenity deck, no kids allowed.



Where we enjoyed most of our stay.



Honestly just looking you wouldn't know you were on a boat.



I really thought the pool & slide would be bigger. Not that impressed, but we were on the smallest of the boats. Plus, we didn't go to swim anyway. Like I said we stayed most of our time on the adult only deck.



We had a great time overall. Nice to get away & spend time just us.

2 comments:

  1. SO much fun! I love cruises... they are the best way to travel! :) Glad you guys had fun and CONGRATULATIONS on TEN years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got a chance to day to sit down and catch up on the blog. Looks like the cruise was great. Happy Anniversary to you both. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete