Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break '10

As I looked forward to the week ahead I had nothing on my calendar for Spring Break. Absolutely NOTHING planned, well except for Izzy's dentist apt. . By Monday afternoon I think I had at least one thing scheduled each day. Wow, that didn't take long.

I was able to catch some things on camera, some things were spur of the moment and I unfortunately didn't have my handy dandy camera with me.

Since the first of the week wasn't really the warmest weather we found things to do inside. Like....going with Ben's mom (a.k.a Grammie) to the Blue Bell Factory in Sylacauga, AL then having a picnic afterwards.



Going to the ice cream parlor at the end of the tour & getting ice cream was by far the favorite from everyone!







The boys are into playing games. It really doesn't matter what kind. Board, computer, Wii, Leapsters....you name it they will want to play it. On this particular day & time we had to find one that little sister could play as well. Can't go wrong with the classic Candy Land.



While the boys were having some daddy time riding bikes at the park. Isabel decided she wanted to help me plant flowers. I was wearing my gardening gloves so she needed hers as well. Since she doesn't have any then her pink snowflake winter mittens would have to do. They still got the job done.



With all the visits to the park, picnic's, bike rides, games played and other family time that we enjoyed momma still got to go out not only once, but twice with the girls! I got to enjoy some great food & a movie with some friends as we celebrated a friends birthday. I also got to get together with some friends who were ever so kind to give me some info. on homeschooling. That is going to have to be another post for another day. I think my head may still be spinning....

One thing that we didn't get to do that Isabel really really wanted to was go to the beach. All week Isabel had been telling me that she wanted to go to the beach like some of her friends. Unfortunately going to the beach wasn't one of my spur of the moment Spring Break moments. However, I could break out the bathing suits & beach towels and pretend.



It was a great Spring Break 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Sounds like a great spring break to me. BTW, how was the Blue Bell tour? Been thinking about a field trip there???

    ReplyDelete