Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A different crowd

I get in front of a "crowd" to speak 5 out of 7 days a week, but my normal crowd is different than it was this past Sunday. My normal crowd is none above the age of 3 and no more than 10 at a time. When I tell them something they hang on every word and don't ask twice. If Mrs. Kylie says it's so, then it must be!

For those who do not know, this past Sunday Ben preached at Brook Hills while David was out of town. The text was Deut. 6, but the main focus was on Ben & I's story of moving to East Lake. After Ben spoke for about 25 min. a panel of people came out and were asked some questions. Each person on the panel had something to do with serving in East Lake. Yes, I was on that panel.

It's really weird, you would have thought that I would have been nervous. I thought I would have been. However I really was not. At the 9 o'clock hour I was more nervous than the other services, but it was more that we were running off schedule and time wise were not where we were supposed to be. We all had a time frame and didn't want to exceed our limit.

There were lots of things that I wanted to say, but like I said we were limited on time. I also didn't get to pick the questions that were asked. The crowd this past Sunday isn't like my normal preschool "crowd" where they will take everything I say and believe every word. In this process of telling our story there have been lots of opinions shared. Some uplifting and others not. It really reminds me of when I was preg., esp. with Isabel, even if I didn't know someone it seemed I had a sign on my forehead that said "Please tell me what you think of me being preg. as I already have two little ones by my side". You really learn to grit your teeth and smile.

I know things will not be easy with this move, I'm sure there will be many trials we face. I don't have any expectations, good or bad. I pray for wisdom daily. I am following Ben as the Spiritual leader of our home, but more than that I am following Christ as Lord of my life! A verse that Ben used on Sunday has become one of my favorites as well as my prayer for our lives.

Psalm 67:2
that your way may be known on earth,
your saving power among all nations.

I came to realize that when you are speaking from the heart & you just want to be real with everyone and the focus is not on you, it's on Christ then it's easy to speak in front of even hundreds of people. I pray that people will hear what was said and not let fears of this world inhibit them from sharing the good news of Christ, even if that means it is in a less comfortable environment than they are used to.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you with your swanky video! I'm impressed but I'm more impressed by the work I see God doing in the lives of your family.

    ReplyDelete