Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fearful

At times throughout my day I have to admit a hint of fear sometimes hits me. Fear of the unknown of what I'm getting myself into. This move to East Lake is really a big deal and I don't want to take what God is doing in our lives lightly. Hints more fear. I often find myself trying to do things myself and not letting God be in complete control. This move however, I have no control over. I have no control over our house selling. I can't pick what people we will run into once we are there. I am already trying to come to terms with not be able to "fix" all their problems & needs. Everything will depend on God and that means me trusting fully on Him.

I wasn't able to make worship with my faith family last Sunday b/c of a sick child. Thankfully you can download notes & weekly teaching online. The Church at Brook Hills weekly teaching The only thing that was posted at the time I looked was the notes so I printed them out. What an encouragement!

Dr. David Platt
Chapter 8: Fear or Faith?
Numbers 13 - 14

Portrait of the Fearful....

They disregarded the goodness of God
They doubted the greatness of God
They magnified potential problems
They minimized powerful promises
They disobeyed the Word of God
They disqualified themselves from the blessing of God

Portrait of the Faithful...

They believed the goodness of God
They trusted the greatness of God
Where others saw an obstacle, they saw an opportunity
While others worried about man's power, they were confident in God's presence
They obeyed the Word of God
They would experience the blessing of God

What about us?

Will we turn from God and trust in ourselves...
Or will we turn to God and trust in Christ?
Will we sit back in fear of the world...
Or will we step forward with faith in the Word?
Will we waste our lives in routine religion...
Or will we spend our lives in radical devotion?

I want my life to be a portrait of the faithful...how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment