Monday, June 13, 2011

Spelling of the name

So I should have been more specific in my post about boy names. We both liked the name Canon/Cannon, but Ben liked the spelling Canon and after I really thought about it I really liked the two n's in the middle - Cannon. Something we never really talked about till his arrival. I had made a hospital door decor that would display both a boy or girl name. As soon as I found out it was a boy, I had it hanging on the door. That's when Ben noticed the spelling of the name. Neither Ben or I was willing to "give in" on our way of spelling so we had to come up with another way to decide. On a sheet of paper I wrote the names Canon and Cannon 5 times each. We cut each out and folded appropriately then placed in a bag. Around that same time we had some friends visiting us in the hospital, so we had their kids each draw out a piece of paper. Five names were drawn in all and four of the five were the Cannon spelling. At least we agreed on the name. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment