Friday, June 24, 2011

First Outing

Amazing at the difference in how this momma has acted with her first child verses her fourth. With Carter I was particular about who held him, how they held them, making sure everyone who even walked in the same room as we were washed their hands and so on.... Even though Carter was only a month old when we moved from Kentucky back to Alabama I'm not sure I had him out of the house before we hit the road to move back. Cannon however had his first offical outing at 2 wks old. This is not counting doctor visits of course.

So where did we go? To the movies :) Yes, I'm the crazy momma that took her newborn to the movies. However, I did take some help along, my mom a.k.a. Gigi was here for a short visit. I've mentioned before that Caden LOVES Penguins. So this was a must see and I was told he just couldn't wait any longer.
If your wondering if it was a good movie, I absolutely loved it! As did the kids.
Cannon did wonderful. It was a matinee so there weren't a lot of people there. He did wake up one time, but once he ate he was back asleep. A nice cool dark theater, perfect for a first outing in the middle of summer.

2 comments:

  1. GIRL...I'm right there with you. We took the entire gang to see African cats and this white trash mama nursed in the theater. It's amazing how much you change from 1 to 4. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray went to the zoo when he was 10 days old. He was asleep before we left the house and didn't wake up to nurse until we were almost home!

    Also, loved the penguin movie!

    ReplyDelete