Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Break

Over the past school year I have added to my "pro list" for homeschooling. Again something I never thought I would have. The most recent addition is the fact that I can pick when we have breaks. Specifically Spring Break. Ben and I lived in Louisville, KY for 3 years while he attended Southern Seminary. Ben and I have some great memories of L'ville so this year we decided to take the kids for a visit. Carter was actually born there, but we moved back to AL when he was about a month old.

The main reason for our visit (and why I loved the fact that I could pick our break week) I'll explain in another blog post, but here are today's adventures.
First thing was the Louisville Slugger Museum. Ben's dad had told the kids to make sure they saw the big bat. So from the moment we left Birmingham on Thursday morning to the moment we woke up this morning, they wanted to go see the bat. I know it's not a great picture of the kids, but I had to post this particular picture for Grandaddy. The kids wanted to make sure he saw the picture of them & the big bat.

Next on our to do list today was the Louisville Zoo. We drove in the parking lot as the rain started to fall. Change of plans. Even though it was an hour and 1/2 drive, we decided to head to Newport, KY to the Newport Aquarium.

This is why we drove yet another hour and half. Yes, penguins. They have penguins at the Louisville Zoo, but.....

you can't PET the penguins there!

If you know Caden, you know his LOVE for these animals. It was so worth the drive!

This Aquarium is one of the best around. The kids had a blast and yeah mom & dad had some fun too!

We ended the day by driving into Cincinnati, OH to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. Buca di Beppo, which is located in L'ville, but also Cincinnati which was about 10 minutes from the aquarium. Buca has one table in the kitchen of the restaurant and then all the rest in the main eating area. Over three years Ben and I were not able to get reservations to eat at the kitchen table, but tonight our family of 5 had the privilege of eating at the coveted kitchen table at Buca. Wonderful day, now to go get some rest for our big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment