Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How to help

I honestly don't feel like I have done a lot in the community since moving to East Lake. Of course it has only been 7 months and I am prego with my 4th while I home school my other 3. However, I want to be ministering where and when I can - without neglecting my wife & motherly duties. I know there is a lot of responsibility I have right now with supporting my husband and discipling our children, but I pray for ways that I can minister to those in our community as well. Something that goes along with discipling our children, is seeing how we minister to others.
Ben teaches once a week at the LoveLady Center not far from our home. I am not able to go with him each week, but I do try and go when I can. There is one lady who I met awhile back who was pregnant at the time and just going through a tough time in her life. Just needing some guidance. Ben and I sat down with her and talked with her about some of her "issues" and then proceeded to connect her with the Lovelady Center, where she now lives with her baby. Ben was able to meet with her today and found out that she isn't able to afford to pay to do laundry. So today that is my ministry to her.

It may be a little thing and a chore I do daily, but it's how this mom is ministering to another mom in need. That simple.

2 comments:

  1. Kylie, this is so great. It's obvious I don't need to convince you that what you're doing is a great way to minister to that lady. But don't get discouraged thinking you aren't able to do much otherwise. Building relationships takes time, and like you said you've got a lot going on with your family. Just keep doin' what you're doin' . . . keep watching for those opportunities to love your neighbors in the name of Christ. It is guaranteed that He will continue to open doors for you when your heart is willing and you're always ready to act! Hugs and love from Chicagoland!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Girl, I can help with laundry right here in my own home. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete