Friday, June 3, 2011

Door Decor

Not sure when or where the start of the hospital door decor began, but with all three DeLoach babies I felt the need to display something outside my hospital door after the baby's arrival. On all three occasions in the past I called my step mother-in-law as soon as the baby arrived and she had something cute on the door asap! This time however I'm going a different route. I had a friend who made her own door decor that she took with her to the hospital. What a great idea! I love to get crafty! She made an adorable shag wreath.

I wanted to go with something a little different, but something simple at the same time. I came up with this.....Welcome Picture Frame

First thing I did was pick out a few pieces of scrapbook paper that were for the most part gender neutral.

Then I found an old frame that I had around the house.

Since we don't know boy or girl and I wanted to have the baby's name displayed I got both pink & blue paper to display the name.

There are not many projects that I start and don't have this little guy nearby.

I made several pinwheels from the gender neutral scrapbook paper and hot glued them onto the frame. Also added the solid brown background & some matching ribbon at the top. Hopefully the way I attached the ribbon it will hang with no problem on the hospital door.

Then I cut out a few squares again from my pile of scrapbooking paper, attached them to a small brown ribbon, added some letter stickers and secured it to the frame.

I have both boy and girl names that we have picked out made and ready to add to the frame, but you'll have to come back to find out if it's the blue or pink that's displayed :)

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this idea. Now if Baby D will just make his/her arrival. I'm getting anxious for you!

    ReplyDelete