Saturday, May 7, 2011

Baby Names

Time is approaching faster and faster it seems to the due date of baby DeLoach #4. No, I still have NOT looked in the envelope nor has my husband caved and told me boy or girl. I am getting things ready as much as possible, but I'm also trying not to be too crazy with my nesting. I made a to do list several weeks back that I would love to have completed by my wonderful husband before June, but due to the tornadoes, all his focus has had to go to cutting trees for neighbors. My list has been put on hold. I'm trying to put things into perspective and be ok with my list not being completed. This has been a challenge for me as it has shown my selfish sin full force.

One thing Ben and I have tried to finalize is what to name the baby. Since I don't know the gender we had to come up with one of each.

The girl name was easy. We wanted an "I" name to go with Isabel and honestly there aren't many choices. We quickly decided on Ivy. All of our children have family middle names and when thinking of something to go along with Ivy, we came up with my grandmother's name of Varie. So Ivy Varie DeLoach, check, we surprisingly both fully agree.

What about a boy's name? Still not 100%. We are going with the "C" name to go along with Carter & Caden. Didn't really realize that both boys were "Ca" names until trying to think of something else to go with them. Now we have really limited ourselves to agreeing with a boy name that starts with "Ca". That threw a lot of boy names we were considering at first out the window. Like Connor, Colt, Colby, some of Ben's favorites that I didn't like to begin with - not too upset those got thrown out. Back to thinking of just "Ca" names we narrowed it down to two - Cash and Camp. I love BOTH of them. Ben I think was settling for both. So we kept researching and I stumbled upon Cannon. Not too crazy about that way of spelling, but Canon was one we both would consider. Which means - A canon (from the Latin canonicus, itself derived from the Greek , kanonikós, "relating to a rule", "regulary") is a priest or minister who is a member of certain bodies of the Christian clergy subject to an ecclesiastical rule (canon). Also, Canon law is the body of laws and regulations made or adopted by ecclesiastical authority, for the government of the Christian organization and its members. However, IF, and I put that in capital letters because Canon is not written down as the final name, but I'm thinking since we do have - Carter man, Caden bug, and Izzy boo - Canon may become Canon ball (even though that spelling is cannon). Not sure I'm too crazy or even ok with that nickname.

Here's my challenge....if you have a suggestion of a boy's name that starts with a "Ca", please send it my way - still open to options.

6 comments:

  1. Cannon is a great name! At least we think so, it's what we named our now 3.5 month old. I wasn't completely sold on it at first (but it was much better than my husband's alternate suggestion - "Rowdy" [yes, he was dead serious]), and we've gotten really positive reactions to the name so far. A little unusual, but still easily spelled and pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some to think about that I found in the Baby Name Bible (part of how we chose name) that I liked. A fun but hard decision! Good luck!

    Cale
    Caleb
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second Cameron and add another Cam- name: Camden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nannied a little boy in college whose name was Campbell and they call him Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kylie! I just found your blog after searching for info on Brook Hills on google. I love The Church at Brook Hills! I have a great name suggestion for you...

    Canaan

    My sister-in-law named her only child (a boy) Canaan because she struggled with infertility before she had him, and so she calls him her "promised child" from the Lord(since "Canaan" was the promised land for Israel). His name is Canaan Nicholas (his dad's middle name).

    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete