Thursday, February 3, 2011

Space Month

My first thoughts of home schooling my kids were not very optimistic ones, HOWEVER, I am absolutely loving it! My pro list is much longer than the con. I wasn't able to put everything I wanted into the first semester because of sickness with baby #4. The sickness subsided and January started a new semester. I was ready to hit the ground running.

Each month I have a specific theme, but each week looks a little different. January the theme was space/flight. The first book we read was The Glorious Flight from our FIAR. Unfortunately I have no pictures, but we also went on a field trip to the Flight Museum here in Birmingham.
















As a last minute field trip we were able to attend a lesson at Samford's Planetarium.















I am all about crafts and up until now we haven't really gotten messy...until now
Hello, paper mache!















What made such a mess and what does it have to do with space/flight?















Space helmets of course! Along with some garbage bag space suits and...















...cereal box space packs.















We ended the month with a family field trip to Huntsville to the Space and Rocket Center.















The boys even got to climb on Mars.















and drive a space ship.















There were many other things that we studied and read about during our space month, but I just wanted to share a few of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment