Friday, February 25, 2011

Cravings

I have had many different cravings with each pregnancy. It's not just the cravings that change though, I have found that I start liking different things - things that I never liked before.

Carter - Cantaloupe. Yes, Ben had to make 10pm runs to the store for cantaloupe. This was the craving for the whole 9 months. I think I ate mountains of them!

Caden - Honey Roasted Peanuts. Would eat a large container in about 2 days, yes I'll admit it, all by myself. Never liked nuts by themselves or even in things before Caden's pregnancy.

Isabel - Steak. Diet Sunkist. Ice (surprised I didn't break a tooth from all the crunching). Even though I had to take Iron pills with all three, I think my iron level was the lowest with Izzy - just going on the cravings. Found out after she was born that crunching ice is a of symptom of anemia.

Baby #4 - OJ, Coffee, Almonds, and Cranberries. Never in my life have I liked or even tolerated any of these before the pregnancy. My biggest surprise is the OJ. I have to have a small glass as soon as I get up in the mornings and right before I head to bed.

Weird thing - all the cravings are gone as soon as the baby arrives, however my taste for the new items stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment