Sunday, February 7, 2010

XOXO

One of my favorite things to do is crafts. One reason I love teaching preschool! With Valentine's Day approaching I went searching for cute valentine's day cards I could do with my kids so they could take to pass out to their friends at school. While searching I found my new favorite blog, Skip To My Lou. I was looking for something simple yet cute and that wouldn't take long to make and of course free or close to it. I also wanted the kids to be able to help make them and it not just be me making them by myself.

The boys are still into crafts somewhat and Izzy is into all the glitter and glam. So for the boys I kept it more simple. I downloaded a cello bag topper from another favorite blog The Celebration Shoppe. Then I had the boys write their names as well as their friends names on each bag topper.

Great writing practice for them.



We filled the bags with Hersey's kisses and heart peppermint candy.



Then stapled the toppers on the bags.



Simple enough.

For Isabel I went with a cute butterfly template. I downloaded and printed it on PINK construction paper.



Izzy added the glue & glitter.



Then I added the suckers & little faces.



There was paper, glue & glitter everywhere! It was so much fun!

2 comments: