Friday, February 26, 2010

Obedience

One of my all time favorite singers is someone most do not know, unless they attend worship at The Church at Brook Hills. I think Steven Sivley is #1 on my music hit list. A couple of years ago we sung a song in worship that I just boo hoo'd my way through so I got the words from Steven. This song has been my prayer many nights.


I WANT TO BE
Steven Sivley 2008

VERSE 1:
I’ve been justified, freely forgiven
I’ve been saved by the blood of Christ
But I don’t want to be the same person I once was
I don’t want to be me, I want to be like Christ

CHORUS:
I want to be holy
And I want to be righteous
In your sight oh God
All my days, in all of my ways
I want to be pure in heart
And I want to be sanctified
For You are holy, oh God
And I want to be

VERSE 2:
I am certain now of my salvation
I am confident now that I am saved
Nothing can separate me from His Spirit
Nothing can take me away from His grace

BRIDGE:
How can I say that I am His if I don’t show it by my life?
How can I say that I am His but walk away?
How can I say that I am His if you can’t see a change in me?
How can I say that I am His if I’m the same?


WOW! Those last questions of the song get me every time. I look at my life and think what do others see in me? Do they see Christ? Am I living a life that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father? Am I being obedient to God's command? Or am I just living a comfortable life? A life that is doing just enough good things to make me feel like I'm being totally obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment