Sunday, February 21, 2010

3...2...1...Blast off!

Let me start off by saying that my kids have the best aunt in the world! My sister is Aunt Kay-Kace and all three of my kids think she hung the moon! Kacy has just recently moved to Huntsville, AL to attend UAH. When she was telling the kids about her new apt. she told them that Huntsville has a place where you can see rocket ships ....well to two little boys that translated into Kay-Kace lives in a ROCKET!! COOL!!

This past Saturday was a beautiful day so we decided to head up to see Aunt Kay-Kace's Rocket.





I had done some research before we left checking on prices to the Space & Rocket Center and if you know me very well you know I looked everywhere for some coupons or discounts. Unfortunately I didn't find any this time. Prices were $25 for adult & $20 kids above 5. My parents had come down for the day as well and we all decided that we could see the rockets just fine outside....for free.



The boys really love Star Wars and this sign was a major hit! Although I think I may have to start saving now so we can go back and actually go inside when the Star Wars Exhibit gets there in June.







We were able to go inside the gift shop without a museum ticket....imagine that.



Growing up just an hour away from Huntsville I had been to the Space & Rocket Center when I was younger and a very fond childhood memory was the Astronaut Ice Cream...yummmy! We HAD to get some.



You know what, it wasn't as yummy as I remembered, but the kids loved it! So now it's a yummy memory to them.

After lunch at Taziki's one of my all time favorite restaurants we headed back to Aunt Kay-Kace's apt. (which didn't look anything like a rocket).



The kids decided the ice cream wasn't enough, they needed to make some cookies.



You can't be around boys and not fight, wrestle or whatever it was they were doing with PopPop.



It was a perfect day visiting Aunt Kay-Kace! I'm thinking next time we may need to have a spend the night party. We may have to make sure the roommate is out of town though.



Yes, it was a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment