Monday, February 15, 2010

Mr. Creative

I am a person with a plan, an agenda, a schedule. Yes I have realized that being married to minister means you HAVE to be flexible and I think for the most part I have become just that, but I will always have my calendar & eraser by my side. It just helps this mom get through the days, weeks, months....

Speaking of flexible, this past Valentine's weekend didn't go as planned. Ben & I didn't have definite plans, but even those not so definite plans went out the window on Friday night. Momma got the big ole stomach bug!! So as I was in the bed (and bathroom) all Friday night & Saturday AND Sunday even Ben had to run the house solo. Since we knew we were not going to be going and celebrating just us two, Ben got the kids involved and got creative.

This was my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.



And this was my Valentine's gift :)

Happy Valentine's Day



pictures inside the book....

Ten Years of that love holiday



but no time for us if the kids have their way



from loose teeth and potties and rough wrestling



to "we're really not tired" and "rock me and sing"



Our life together is never a bore



And I look forward to years of loving you more



Happy Valentine's Day from your crazy crew



From daddy, your boys, and Izzy-boo too



This was the last page, which was made from things around our house. I love it!

I wish I had shopped ahead, but instead from my bedside this is all I came up with for a gift in return. I find it very appropriate for my creative man! I love you babe :)

1 comment:

  1. Not stalking. Found your blog when you commented on Brook's. :-) Andrew and I fully believe that Valentine's Day was created to be ruined. And the worst ones are always the most memorable. We quit putting pressure on it a long time ago and have reveled in the unpredictable ways it manifests itself. We had a puker, too, that Friday before, so we all settled for a dinner of noodles and cheese by candlelight. :-)

    ReplyDelete