Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Painting

It doesn't happen very often, but Ben and I try to take each child and have one on one time with each. We absolutely treasure these moments. A couple of weekends ago, even though it wasn't one on one Ben took both boys camping and Isabel and I did our thing. I have heard stories about the camping trip, but I don't have pictures. I'm sure it was a wonderful time as they have already asked when they can go back.

What I do know is what Isabel and I's time consisted of. She loves to shop - even if it's at Publix. One of her favorite stores is Hobby Lobby, so off we went. They had canvas on sale this particular week so I had to buy one, ok several. In my spare time (I laugh as I typed that) I love to paint on canvas. In our kitchen I have 3 KJD originals.

While we were going up and down the aisles of paint, paint brushes and every other crafty thing imaginable Isabel said she wanted to paint a picture like mommies. We made our purchase and headed home - after stopping off for some yummy dinner first. There may have been an ice cream stop too :)

If you know Izzy her favorite color is pink, so what else to paint, but a pink flamingo. I drew her a picture and she went to town. I call it a mommie and me painting, because even though she did all the green & pink - I did go back and add a few blue polka dots.

It was a wonderful girly canvas painting weekend!

3 comments: