Friday, March 11, 2011

Free Books

I absolutely love books - kids books. I wish I had that love for other books as well, but I don't. Those who know me know I don't "enjoy sitting down with a good book" as I so often hear people refer to it, but I do enjoying reading to the kids. I am always flipping through a Scholastic magazine and circling a bunch of different books to order or find myself browsing through a book store in the kids section. I do love the library, but I also don't like to give the books back - I want them on my shelf so we can read them over and over again. My flaw of always wanting to purchase the books has a disadvantage being the cost factor. Which brings me to this find. I had known about this program for awhile, but didn't qualify where we lived before. Now we do ;) Dolly Parton has a program to encourage reading called Dolly Parton's Imagination Library USA that is partnered with the Junior League of Birmingham. You go online to sign-up for your free books according to your kids age then every month you receive your free book. Simple as that. The boys are too old, but Isabel absolutely loves when Mr. Terry (everyone knows there mailman by name...right?) brings her a new book to read. This was our book for March.


No comments:

Post a Comment