Monday, March 14, 2011

Date Night

Being married to a minister is a 24 hour, 7 day a week job. If he gets a call at 9 pm that needs his attention then he may have to put our family on hold for a moment. If we have plans to all head to the zoo on dad's "off day", but a member of our faith family dies and Ben needs to be there for the family or to participate in the funeral service then plans change accordingly. Two examples just from this past week.
Even though ministry can be demanding, family is really important to Ben and I and therefore we make specific times to spend together. One of the specific things Ben and I do as a couple is at least once a month we have a date night. We try for the same weekend each month, but again that has to be flexible. Some months he picks, some I pick, but most we decide together. This particular weekend I picked and Ben just went along with it. We found a new wonderful little dessert place at Brookwood Village called YOLO. Wonderful Gelato and cupcakes!

I'm all about themes and things going together, but this date didn't even come close to that and that was ok - this time :) So after the nice uppity dessert place these were a little more fitting to where we were headed next.


PBR - Professional Bulling Riding competition at the BJCC! I love to watch bull riding on tv and therefore when I found out it was coming to town I jumped on it.

The goal, stay on for 8 seconds. Most didn't, but what fun watching them try. Then getting to chear them on if they did.

What was the most entertaining you ask? I think Ben would even agree, the bulls! If they didn't want to come out of the gate they would just lay down. If the bulls decided they didn't want to go back inside the gate after the 8 seconds, they would prance around the ring. That's when the cowboy would come after the bull on his horse to lasso him in.

Even though great entertainment (to me anyway) it was a little slow at times. Made me realize why I like watching it on tv, I have a remote. It also made me really want to attend a Rodeo. May have do a little more convincing of getting Ben to attend that one with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment