Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hometown Visit

Last weekend Ben and a few friends took some neighborhood guys camping. After we packed them up and sent them on their way, the kids and I took a little trip of our own. We headed to my hometown, Florence, AL to visit my parents a.k.a. Gigi & PopPop.

One place that we always seem to find ourselves during our visits is Trowbridge's. They have the best hot dogs & ice cream around!

We also got to visit with my grandparents (great grandparents) a.k.a. Meme & Gran Gran.

The kids always know that Gran Gran has a "ticket" in his pocket for them so they can go spend it at the Dollar Tree. Which they want to do immediately after receiving the money.


Florence is where Ben and I met - The University Of North Alabama. They are one of the few colleges that have live mascots on campus. The UNA Lions. What kid can resist going to see real lions? Although, I think the kids like playing on the lion statues just as much seeing the real lions.


To top off the weekend, since my dad had work on Saturday, he let the boys shoot cans with the BB gun. What a great ending to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment