Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kitchen

I'm not a chef by any means. I don't really enjoy cooking, but I do LOVE to bake. Don't argue with me, Yes there is a difference. My patience level does not do well on stove top, I either don't want to wait so I under cook or I get distracted (imagine that) and it burns. When you bake, you put everything together, place it in the oven with a timer and go on your way till you hear the "ding". Perfect for this wife & mom. I have never had a large kitchen in any of the homes we have lived in before, until now.

*Side note I am actually calling this my "grown-up house". Built in 1957 it just feels like it was built so much better than our previous cookie cutter home.

I give to you my before kitchen



One of the things Ben and I talked about before beginning kitchen renovations was a little thing called stability. We have changed our lives drastically in order to live in the East Lake community and in order to serve long term and not get burned out there were a few things in the house I requested. Big thing being the kitchen. We plan on having a few, several, lots of people in our home. Friends, family, Small Groups, other Brook Hills families that also live in East Lake....the list goes on, but not necessarily people from the community (we are taking things slow and relationships come first, not everyone we meet will be asked to come into our home for dinner). I do however plan on making meals for those we do meet in our community who are in need of food, but plan to take that to their homes. At first anyway. So with all that in mind, I give you my new kitchen.

Little things to still be finished. We are planning on doing a glass tile back splash to the ceiling & we still need to put up the hood for the stove (after the back splash).



As well as add the counter top for the island, until then yes that is a wardrobe box.





Now if I could just get all those kitchen boxes unpacked and into the cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment