Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I heart Publix

I used to assume that Wal-mart was the cheapest place to shop for groceries. I guess if you just walk in with NO coupons in hand maybe it is, I don't know. Never did I think that Publix, a place that was very clean (including bathrooms - we seem to use every store's restroom), friendly staff, and then they even take your groceries to your car & load them for you, that can't be a budget wise place to shop. Guess what, I was wrong! Living in Chelsea we had a Publix right down the street and I went there often. While in transition to East Lake we lived in Gardendale. Discovered two things about Gardendale. 1. No Publix 2. No Compass Bank. :(

I am very excited to say that now I have a Publix AND a Compass right down the street.
The kids and I ventured out Monday to go get some groceries for the house. Seriously think my heart skipped a beat as I turned the corner to see this.



That's because at Publix shopping really is a pleasure, even with three kids in tow. Silly I know and yes Carter, my 7 yr old, made fun of me for taking a picture of Publix.

Seriously though if you shop the B1G1 (Buy 1 Get 1) deals - which you don't have to purchase both of to get the discount and you have coupons (Publix takes coupons to competitors stores) you can get some great deals. Especially if you have a coupon for a B1G1! I don't just go in there with no plan, I have my sales paper and make my list from that. Yes I am one of those people who love to go through and cut out the coupons from the paper and I even get some online. Also have a great website that gives you deals & links to coupons and tells you exactly what you need to know for the weeks deals at Publix as well as other places. www.southernsavers.com
My goal is to save as much as I spend at Publix. I have come really close, but not yet. I'm sure I'll take a picture of the receipt and post it when I do!

1 comment:

  1. As a pharmacist, changing jobs from Walgreens to Publix has allowed us to attend church as a family at the same time each Sunday for the first time in my adult life. It IS a good shopping environment, and you really can make it cost-effective. Your endorsement means a lot! If you shop your store Thursday you'll even get to see DeAnna!

    ReplyDelete