Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's my party, I can whine if I want to

Isabel's 3rd Birthday

Theme: Everything PINK

Invites: Blank note cards from Target



That also served as Thank you notes. Score!



Food: Pink cupcakes complete with Pink sprinkles, Pink M&M's, Pink Marshmallows, Pink (ok red) Strawberries, Pink Lemonade



In the past I have seemed to sleep deprive myself b/c I stayed up till the wee hours in the a.m. making some elaborate cake the night before the party. I'm still the night owl, but find myself needing more sleep the older I get. So this year I decided to go with something a little simpler and less time consuming. I found this site awhile back called Bakerella, I had to try the cake pops and this party was the perfect time. We (my sister & I) went with the classic cupcake ones. They served as the centerpiece



and on a tray...yummmy both ways!



Let me explain the reason for the title of this post or maybe a picture will suffice?



She wasn't thrilled with all the attention at all. Which didn't lead to "I can cry if I want to", but whining....she is a master.

She did perk up after she started the gift process. Imagine that, a kid who likes to get stuff!



I thought about having the Aerosmith song PINK play in the background during the party, but thought that might not be appropriate for a 3rd birthday party ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment