Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday didn't really go as planned, but then again it's a rare occasion when something goes as planned in our house. Brook Hills planned four services for Easter. 8, 9:30, 11, & 6. Ben had to attend all four. My plan was to get up early and attend the 8 a.m. which Ben would be able to attend with us. That however did not happen and I'll explain why in another post.

How the day did play out....



Easter Baskets around 7:45 a.m.



Making of Resurrection Rolls around 9 a.m.



I got this idea from a friend and the kids loved it.
Before we started making the rolls, we read the Resurrection story from the Jesus Storybook Bible.

I boiled eggs to dye around 10 a.m.
Started preparing the Easter dinner (lunch) around 11 p.m.
Ben's mom & stepdad came for lunch around 1 p.m.



Egg Hunt followed.



Ben's mom had prepared prize eggs!



Movie on the couch around 4 p.m. Only some stayed awake to finish the movie ;)

I had hoped for a cute picture of the kids all in their new Easter outfits, but since we ended up not even leaving the house the putting on of the "dressy" outfits was not a battle I intended to fight. So this year this is the picture we have to remember Easter 2010.

1 comment:

  1. That sweet little angel. Her cast makes me sad! But, it looks like an amazing mom I know pulled off an Easter to remember despite the unplanned trip to the ER, broken arm and long hours up with a hurting baby girl. You rock MOM! BTW, send me an email and let me know who did your baskets.

    ReplyDelete