Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Candy Corn

For awhile now the limited amount of time I spend "playing" on the computer has gone from reading Facebook updates to browsing Pinterest. I find myself having to look just one more time before I turn in for the night. Think addicted may be the term. For those of you who aren't currently a Pinterest viewer, the website lets you organize and share all the things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, organize their favorite recipes, and get different craft ideas. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. To get started, you can go here to request an invite.

I love to have different seasonal decorations on the backdoor & found several ideas for fall. Using burlap to make different door decorations is becoming a popular thing. After browsing many different ideas I decided to make a trip to Hobby Lobby and try something myself.

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. Love the weather, colors, decorations, holidays....however I'm not that big into Halloween. We let the kids dress up and maybe go to a few neighbors homes to trick or treat, but I don't decorate with ghosts & goblins. However I do love the candy of Halloween, the candy corn. So I decided to make that the October door decor.

I thought it turned out pretty cute, however the hubby & two big boys decided it looked more like a bullet hanging on the door. Oh well, it's staying till November. I'm hoping to have a turkey to hang by then...we'll see if it gets finished in time.

1 comment:

  1. We are going to need a step by step tutorial of how you made this. And, of course they see a bullet...they are boys. I see candy corn. =o) And, I love reading your blog. It's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete