Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple Orchard

A few weeks ago we got to go on our first official field trip of the year. The Steele Orchard in Cullman.

The kids got to pick their very own apple from the tree.



Hear stories about Johnny Appleseed.

They even got to plant their very own apple seed in a cup of dirt and bring it home. Now if I can just keep the seeds taken care of till next year. Lots of pampering goes into the seeds before they can be planted into the ground.

We even got to hear from a beekeeper. Something we all learned was that they have to bring bees into the orchard to pollinate all the trees.

Even this little guy enjoyed himself :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word... Carter is getting so big- they all are, but the picture of Carter really made me realize how old they are getting! I miss them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your children are GROWING up..........I can't believe you were in Cullman though and didn't call me :-(

    ReplyDelete