Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Little Momma

I really wasn't sure how this little girl would adjust to not being the baby of the family once Cannon arrived. I had thoughts that she would just love being the big sister and helping out with the new baby, but I also had thoughts that she would have absolutely nothing to do with the new baby due to some jealous feelings. I think she is kind of a mix of the two.

90% of the time she now has a baby doll on her hip. She changes her dolls clothes & diapers several times a day, she feeds it, burps it, loves it, pushes it around in the stroller and so on...

All these things for her baby doll. Cannon, not so much. She loves him don't get me wrong, she'll talk to him & love on him, but doesn't pay him as much as attention as I thought she might. She actually uses his cries & whines. When Cannon cries she doesn't run to him to see what is wrong, she runs to get her baby doll b/c it means her baby is hungry.
She is quite the little momma - to her baby.

I'm sure things will change once Cannon is a little older. When Cannon was only 2 wks Izzy was helping me put lotion on him and she dropped the lotion bottle on him & not only did he cry, he got a scratch and I'm pretty sure it terrified Izzy that she hurt him. We have reassured her it was ok, but to that sweet little 4yr old she's afraid it may happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment