Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

This year to celebrate the 4th of July we backed the cars out of the carport and pressure washed it clean. Made a few trips to the store, there is always something I forget no matter how many times I go over the list. Got bunches of burgers & dogs and fired up the grill. Then we had our small group as well as some neighbors over for some food & fun.

This little guy wasn't going to let us have fun without him, he stayed awake most of the day.

All the kids had a blast playing football, bubbles, and drawing with sidewalk chalk until....

the downpour! We didn't have an umbrella big enough, so Ben grabbed some plastic to take the neighborhood kids home. Wish I had taken a video instead :)

After playing in the rain for a bit, little missy decided she needed to change clothes and add her rain boots to her wardrobe.

What do you do when the rain starts falling? You break out some board games.

Wish I had a picture of all four kids together, but I'll take what I can get. It was a great time of fellowship. Then to top it off some close friends of ours came over for dinner & we were able to load up 7 kids and 4 adults and go watch the fireworks - Thunder on the Mountain. Good times I tell ya, good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment