Friday, December 31, 2010

White Christmas

Christmas morning we woke up in Birmingham to rain with a little bit of snow. The kids were SO excited to see white stuff falling from the sky, even if it wasn't much. By around 10 a.m. we were all packed up in the van heading north to my parents house in Florence, AL. By the time we hit Hwy 157 all we saw was white everywhere! Even had to follow behind a salt/sand truck down a few hills. Unfortunately by the time we arrived at my parents house all their snow had melted. The kids were not very happy with us since they had asked at every red light if they could get out and play in the snow. I know what your thinking, not letting our kids play in the snow, what mean parents. Thankfully the day after Christmas we woke up at my parents to this outside.
Snow!!















While packing for the five of us and making sure I didn't forget any Christmas gifts, I didn't even think to pack clothes/shoes for playing in the snow. My mom a.k.a. Gigi did what she used to do to my sister and I - Walmart bags over the shoes. Not one of my fond memories having to wear those bags in the snow, but my kids didn't seem to mind.















Aunt Kay-Kace & Isabel















Caden found that the porch was slippery so he went to "ice skate".















Carter was all about the snow balls.















Kids didn't care to make a snowman, but Caden LOVES penguins and got two little ones for Christmas. He decided they needed an igloo.















Everyone had so much fun playing in the snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment