Thursday, July 22, 2010

Love of school supplies

Every fall I start feeling all giddy inside and this year is no different. Target, Wal-mart, the Dollar Tree have all put out the new school supplies and I am floating in mid air as I walk down the asiles....new boxes of crayons, markers, pencils, the crisp pages of the notebooks. A huge smile comes upon my face.

This year is a little different however, I have no supply list from a school - this could get dangerous! Since I am homeschooling I can pick out the different kind of notebooks I want the kids to use and I can let them pick out the cute folders instead of the solid color ones. To my wallet this is not a good thing. I have bought a few things here and a few things there so I decided to lay it all out and just see what all I have gotten so far.



I think we have a good start. Now all I need is a house to set everything up and we are ready to go :)

I do have my curriculum picked out, but haven't received all of my books yet. For those of you who are curious as to what we will be teaching/learning at the DeLoach homeschool here you go:

Bible: Jesus Storybook Bible with CD
Big Picture Bible Time Line
Catechism's & Memory Verses - Teaching Truths, Training Hearts by Tom Nettles

Reading: Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading
Five In A Row - Volume 1

Math: Math-U-See

Handwriting: A Reason for Handwriting

Spelling: A Reason for Spelling

History: History for Little Pilgrims

Not sure how our days are going to play out just yet, but we are going to make it as fun as possible!

Side Note *We are set to close around Aug. 5th. - all depending on inspection, appraisal, and when the windows are finished. All the windows in the house are having to be replaced with energy efficient ones.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I love it. I just did my "school shopping" last week. We are equipped with lunchboxes, crayons, folders, scissors, glue....the list goes on and the checking account reflects it! =o) Love me some school supplies but having a school room and school supplies can get expensive. BTW, great choices. We are using the same thing except for spelling and history because we aren't there yet. We will be a great resource for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I was never one who enjoyed the school work, I always LOVED getting new supplies!!! :) Looks like the kids are going to be busy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll just send my girls to the DeLoach School. You'll hardly even notice them. ;) Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete