Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What are the odds?

So I'm driving along with 2 of my 3 kids in the car and a friend of mine's little girl. I have just left work and we're headed home. The route I usually take is not available and hasn't been for awhile so I'm headed down a detour road. We're talking about our day and what all we had done when BAM! I quickly look in the review mirror and saw nothing. My first thought was did I drive too close to the shoulder of the road and hit a tree limb? There were no other cars on the road so I knew it wasn't a car. Then a little voice from the back of my van said "hey! that reindeer tried to get in my window!" Yes as a matter of fact a deer had ran smack into the SIDE of my van. I was going prob. around 40 mph on a two lane road with NO other car in site and the deer ran right into the side of MY van. Now tell me what the odds are on that one!






$3,000 worth of damage! Luckily we have "deer insurance" (only in the south right :) and only had to pay a $200 deductible. There was a two week wait at the body shop, so after having to drive a banged up van for two weeks I now get the luxury of driving a rental Dodge Caravan.




My van wasn't the newest or have all the great luxury features, but it was paid in full! Now I get to drive this new van, that granite doesn't have all the bells and whistles, it's on the more basic side since it's a rental, but it does have one great thing my van does not.....automatic doors!! We have only had the van 4 hours now and I can't tell you how many fights I have had to intervene because they all three want to push the button to close & open the doors. Maybe it's a good thing my van doesn't have automatic doors.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I'm laughing WITH you not AT you...I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, Kylie! What are the chances!?! I'm glad you all are ok!!!

    ReplyDelete