Friday, August 20, 2010

Temporary School Room

When arriving back to Gardendale last Sunday night with my Aunt's baby shower behind me and our first full school week approaching in less than 24 hours, I burst into tears. Being married to a minister I have learned and it's become Ben's moto "Be Flexible". Considering what all we have being doing the past two months I feel like I've been just that, but this gal can only handle so much before tears need to flow even if it's just to make me feel better for the moment. Something about just letting some tears out help relieve the stress or chaos of the moment. I really had thought we would at least be able to have the classroom at our new house put together before the first day of school arrived. Negative on that. So my wonderful in-laws that they are let me throw all the school stuff that I had (several boxes still being in the POD) in the dinning room. By the way not all of that stuff is mine, some boxes & laundry baskets were all ready there.



Even though I now had a room to work with, seeing this picture above didn't make the tears disappear. Within just a few hours though I had put things just where I wanted them and had this.







Since the table I had would only fit two little boys, I knew Isabel would want somewhere to sit as well. Ben's step sister Emily had this in her room and since she is off at Alabama I knew she wouldn't mind us borrowing it for a week or month or just however long.



It may not be what I had imagined our school room would look like, or even where our school room would be at first, but hey flexibility right?!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of your flexibility. That is something we homeschools moms get a chance to learn first hand...very often. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the trip to Florence for the shower didn't add to your stress. But having you there
    meant more to us than you know. Thank you for taking the time to make the things for Kinsley and the trip to Florence. You are a very strong person but we all have our moments when a cry helps. It seems that the older I get I have more of these little moments. We must be related. Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete