Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer Plans

I went to my monthly home school meeting last night and the topic was - What are your plans for the summer?  There were lots of great and wonderful things mentioned, some I had heard of and some I had not.  Then there was the suggestion of just not having anything planned and just spending time with your kids at home.  The school year gets so busy sometimes, yes, even if you home school. 

I loved listening to all the ideas last night of things to do here around B'ham and found myself thinking, oh the kids would love to do that or wow, we've never been there.....but, I do want to guard our time and not be running around all summer long.  So here's what the DeLoach's have planned for the summer.

Make Something Monday - craft of some kind
Time to Read Tuesday - the kids will be in a book club with some friends
What's Cooking Wednesday - making something fun in the kitchen
Thoughtful Thursday - help out elderly neighbors or being intentional about playing with the neighborhood kids
Fun Friday - explore some of the great things to do around B'ham

Now if you see us at the free movies at the RAVE theater on Tues or Wed just know we'll be reading or cooking later that day.  It's really hard for me to pass up something fun that's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment