Monday, August 29, 2011

Co-Op

I have absolutely been amazed at how much I have loved homeschooling the kids. In a classroom setting being able to invest in them daily, teaching them Biblical truths, getting to see them grasp different ideas, being able to take as many field trips as I want to get that hands on experience....oh how the list continues.

Our first year into homeschooling I would say was a success, but doing the school thing at home wasn't the only change we had going on. I found out I was pregnant with our 4th, we were in the process of moving to a totally new side of town to live out the gospel (hopefully I'll get a blog post up about this very soon), Ben was trying to start a business all while we were figuring out how to start a house church (again lots going on, but it's a blog post all on it own). We had our good days and we also had the bad.

As our first year of homeschooling came to an end and our 4th child was due to arrive soon, I fell to my knees and prayed. Asking God to lead us. Do we home school again? Do we send our kids to the public schools (which are NOT great in the area we live & do ministry), do we go the private school route? As we prayed God was placing people in our paths and opening doors that now looking back I can see how it all unfolded. Our God is an Awesome God!

We are homeschooling again, but the boys get the wonderful opportunity to go to a co-op two days a week. So on Tuesdays and Thursdays they head off to school.

Even though I am taking this time with Isabel to focus on her and her 4 yr old school work she is also loving the fact that when I need to tend to Cannon she gets the couch to herself, movie pick of her choice and the WHOLE bag of Veggie Straws!





No comments:

Post a Comment